JENESIS Magazine 2017/2018 Editorial Internship
For 10 years, JENESIS Magazine has delivered youth culture media in the form of digital and print issue releases, visual content, and more consistently now editorial features and interviews. JENESIS will provide you with opportunities to build your editorial skills, network, and speak to the people who are directly influencing change in our communities.
– Well-organized, good writing skills, and eye for detail.
– Follow through independently on assigned task.
– Be self motivated and work at a fast pace but stay consistent with the article structures.
– Creative; able to think outside of a newspaper style and utilize new media with work.
– A Plus: work experience with newspaper, magazine, or professional blog editorials but not a must.
– A Plus: Be able to attend and cover night and/or weekend events.
– Produce 3 content ideas each first Tuesday of the month (following our editorial calendar)
– Research topics (that aren’t dated) that can be utilized for larger content pieces and social outreach
– Utilize social media daily/weekly to promote content, build interest, and interact with readership
– Be a part of staff feedback end of month reviewing content and social outreach.
*College credit available with approval from institution.
To apply for the internship send:
– Cover Letter (include why JENESIS is a good fit for you.)
– 3 Written Sample Articles (2 Articles/1 Interview)
– Days/Schedule of availability
Email resumes and required cover letters to email@example.com with the subject header “Editorial Internship”