On Sunday, April 21, 2013, Broccoli City Organic Lifestyle, along with Earth Day Network, Sierra Club, Dreaming Out Loud, District Department of the Environment, Green for All and Sweat Everyday, will host the first-ever Broccoli City Fest 2013 (BC Fest). According to the U.S. Department of Agriculture, an estimated 23.5 million Americans, living in urban communities experience physical and economic barriers to accessing fresh, healthy and affordable produce and food options. The BC Fest will help increase awareness about these issues and provide information and access to solutions.
As the inaugural urban Earth Day celebration-taking place at the DC Fairgrounds, BC Fest promises to become the premiere annual event showcasing cool, sustainable lifestyle choices for residents of the Washington, D.C. metro area. This fun-filled event, hosted by Va$htie and Rock Creek Social Club, will feature:
• Live performances by locally and nationally recognized Hip Hop, EDM, Alternative Bands, including headliners Big K.R.I.T., JMSN, and Tittsworth
• Nutritional food demonstrations and vendors, including DC’s top healthy food trucks
• Group Yoga and Zumba instruction (Hip Hop, Vinyasa, Power and Restorative Yoga)
• Oversized games including Twister, Jenga, Checkers, etc.
• Nutrition and environmental education provided by local organizations
• Onsite acupuncture and massage wellness center
• Pop-up marketplace with environmentally conscious vendors and shops
• Live art from notable street artists
• Sneaker recycling center
• Craft Beer & Spirits available, featuring USDA organic juices for adults 21+
Ideally located across from Nationals Stadium and Navy Yard Metro, DC Fairground is an innovative, open-air, mixed-use entertainment destination, which will also house Broccoli City Park, an area welcoming guests to lounge on grass and benches.
BC Fest will commence from noon to 8 p.m., rain or shine. Tickets will grant access to all areas of the festival and can be purchased in advance at a discounted price for a limited time only. For more information, please visit www.BCfestival.com.